Saturday, May 9, 2009

How do I clarify my thinking?

Right, I have given you my thoughts on Why don't some people believe in themselves and I gave you some points to ponder in 10 Promises for You.

Having said all that; how do I actually clarify my thinking?
  • Is it scientific by nature?
  • Must I go see a doctor?
  • Do I need money for some fancy treatment?
  • Do I have to have a high IQ?
  • Do I have to be spiritual?
  • Do I need to be in a group?
  • Must I attend some form of class or lecture?

The answer to all of the above; is NO! Every single person reading this write up is capable of clarifying their own thinking. It matters not what kind of work you do, whether you are old or young, how much money you earn or even to which political party you belong too. You can do it.

What then does it mean to clarify my thinking? To clarify means, as Googled on the web: free from obscurity and easy to understand; the comprehensibility of clear expression. In other words it means your thoughts (mind) are clear and directed. Now, that's where I want you to be.

What can I do to get my thoughts directed?

Let me emphasize this, there are many "guru's and experts" out there that will have other methods and ideas, they might be better than my way and even simpler, but I am sharing with you what works for me and people I know.

  1. Become disciplined. Plan to make 1 hour per day available to yourself. Absolutely NO INTERRUPTIONS.
  2. This time can be early in the morning whilst everybody else is still sleeping or late afternoon when everybody has gone to bed already. Personally I choose early in the morning because my mind is still fresh.
  3. Go somewhere that you can relax. No cellphone, No kids, No partners, No pets, No internet, No nothing. Just you!
  4. You can have a favourite chair in your study or a patch of grass outside in the garden, it does not matter. What matters is: that you must be comfortable and relaxed.
  5. Take a pencil or pen and a writing pad with you. Have your favourite cup of coffee or tea or hot chocolate or cold drink. Please, NO ALCOHOL, it will cloud your judgement.
  6. Make yourself comfortable. Close your eyes. Just let your mind wonder for 5 - 10 min. Try not to think about anything in particular. Be blank.
  7. After the 5 - 10 min, start to think about: your needs, wants and dreams. GO BIG! Dream ~ Think: No Boundaries.
  8. Start by writing the thoughts, words, sentences down in random order as they 'appear' in your mind. Draw pictures! Worry not about trying to sort them. Just write. Be positive.
  9. Block negative thoughts, remember your are being creative! Negativity stifles creativity.
  10. Continue until your mind is 'empty'. Don't continue past an hour. Set an alarm or something to remind you.
  11. Just a note, your mind can never be empty and it will happen that during the course of the day you might think of something, so take your writing pad with you to jot down that thought before you forget it again.

I think we got enough information for now to keep them minds in overtime mode. We will continue the discussion tomorrow.

Remember, BE UNSHAKABLE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. I'm playing catch up here and from what I've read so far I'm thrilled to say sometimes it's good to read thoughts 'n stuff like this to help you refocus on the road ahead and to reconnect with your creativity. Is so easy to get bogged down on the road of life!

    ReplyDelete